StyleEyes

StyleEyes

Thursday 16 August 2012

Catalogue Couture: The pages to turn to for a stylish autumn update

We are half way through August and autumn is fast approaching, which means the new season catalogues from my favourite stores are starting to appear on my coffee table.


I love nothing more than discovering a new glossy catalogue in my mail box, it is a fashion manual of ready-made outfits, a 'cut out and keep' shopping list to stock my new season wardrobe. With call centres and websites providing round the clock shop-a-bility, I thought I would narrow it down to just a few key pieces of catalogue couture which are worth splashing out on before the seasons change.

For a perfect transitional piece pick this shawl coat from Boden. It's fasten free, edge-to-edge style makes it the perfect cover up for autumn. Add a wide belt to cinch it in at the waist and you have the perfect winter work coat. I love all the shades but I will be placing an order for the steel grey.




Baukjen is my new on-line/catalogue fave. You may know her styles better as the doyenne of maternity wear, Isabella Oliver. Baukjen is the designer's name and the re-launch of her women's wear label. The pieces have a designer look and feel with a high end highstreet price tag. For hard working dresses this has to be your first stop, and I love love love this knitted number. Short enough for late summer with heels and thick enough for autumn with tights and boots. This merino mix shift dress is a sound investment.


So, I know there is a Sweaty Betty shop at the end of my road, they are prolific in West London, but for some reason I always get more of a kick out of their catalogue. I will leave you to pour over their sports bras and running shorts alone, but I have to highlight their new yoga one piece. This gorgeous piece of work-out wear is fabulously versatile. Yes it will make you the most stylish gal at Bikram, but wear with some converse and a denim shirt and you have got a seriously style savvy dressed down look.


Wish list at the ready girls, it is time to open your fashion textbook!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment